Christmas? Again?

An old pic I know, but he is just his father all over. <3 them both

Well that time of year we all love is fast approaching again. And I mean fast! Can you believe it is only 12 weeks till our favourite fat man comes?

I am a complete sucker for Christmas! Absolutely love it. Although my nights of secretly waiting up for Santa behind the lounge are long behind me, I still love the joy and surprise that Christmas morning brings.  I think I get it off my mum. She always put such immense effort into making sure Christmas was the best time of year. Our last Christmas together was in 2006 and she still made sure I had lots of surprises under the tree even though I was 18!

Now that I am older, no longer live at home and no longer have my mum around to enjoy that special time with I have taken celebrating Christmas into my own hands. I love turning the lounge room into something that resembles Santas house in the North Pole, rather than an Aussie abode in the middle of summer. Being the youngest in the family by at least a decade I was always spoilt at Christmas (that’s probably why I love it so much!), and as I got older the fantasy of Santa Claus slowly faded. But when my nieces and nephews came along it brought a whole new life to the holiday. Out came the cookies and milk (or beer) and in came the dogs to leave ‘special’ footprints across the lounge room floor. I always loved spoiling my nieces and nephews for Christmas and always wondered at how crazy I would be when I had my own kids to shower with gifts.

Well…….. That time has come! I am completely consumed in how Jayse’s first Christmas is going to play out. It has scared me though at how quickly it has snuck up on me. My fiancĂ© and I are now deciding who’s family Christmas will be spent with (none of them live close!) and then the next decision is what to get him! I have been asking some fellow mums about some good pressie ideas for a 9 month old (thanks to all that gave me your input!).  And the general consenus is a smart trike! 

To tell you the truth I hadn’t really thought about a smart trike and honestly thought they would be suited to an older bub. But I think the great thing about these trikes is that they change with the age of your child. And I go on big walks almost everyday so the smart trike has gotten the big tick from me! And I must go and layby one soon! Knowing my luck they will all be gone by the time I go to buy one! I’m still stuck though on ideas for smaller presents ideas for Jayse. What do you think? And what sneaky little plans and special touches have you got in the works to make your little ones first Christmas memorable?

Would love your thoughts?



2 comments:

what are your thoughts?