Family Affairs

I do...
I would like to start by saying a huge congratulations to my brother Dru and now sister-in-law Kelly on finally tying the knot. And after 17 years together it is about bloody time! What was meant to be Kel's 40th birthday party turned into a beautiful suprise ceremony under Kel's favourite dead tree on their stunning property in Forster. In true Kel and Dru style it was 70s theme which has proved for some interesting wedding photos!

With babysitters at the wedding it was also the first time I could really 'let my hair down' since Jayse was born. And I don't really miss it much to tell you the truth!

Over the past four months I have at times missed the freedom of being able to do things spare of the moment or going out on a Friday or Saturday night with friends. My life is now dictated by meticulous planning around sleep and meal times and very little time is left for just me.  And that made me wonder....

What do you as a mum miss the most? Is it simply the 'me' time or is it being able to spend some time with your partner?

And is having time to yourself important? Or does your own child's needs become more important than your own?

I know that doesn't paint a very nice picture of motherhood, but after I was able to take a little bit of 'me' time over the weekend I realised that now I wouldn't trade my chaotic, detail defined life for anything. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed being able to have a couple of drinks and converse with adults for a change, but I still found myself checking on Jayse every 20 minutes or so. Not just because I was worried he wasn't behaving for the babysitters, but because I missed him and missed being near him. It made me realise just how strong and special the bond between mother and child is.

What I have learnt this week

- It is ok to spend some time away from your baby
- Weddings (especially surprise ones) are awesome
Making it legit....Congrats again <3








2 comments:

  1. Ive never been to a surprise wedding but they sound fantastic! What a great idea!!!

    The thing i miss most is sleep! & personal space!!! but even though motherhood is full on i wouldnt trade my kids for anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an awesome weekend Mel! The surprise wedding was an absolutely amazing idea!

      I most definitely miss the sleep! Particularly the last two nights when jayse has decided to wake every 2 hours! =(

      Delete

what are your thoughts?