Too long between posts

Now it's been a while between drinks... But between moving house, working two jobs and having an enormous bulge growing on the front of me I have found it extremely difficult to keep up with writing about my feelings.

I am now officially playing the waiting game. I am 38 weeks and my midwife tells me my little bundle of joy is in position and ready to go. My hospital bags are packed and his room ready - it is now all up to him.




A fellow work colleague, who is around 37 weeks pregnant recently wrote in her own blog that the comments from other women who claim how 'tiny' and 'small' her bump is are starting to wear thin on her patience. And I agree - many women love to tell me I look more like I am 24 weeks pregnant rather than 38 weeks. And don't get me wrong the 'compliments' are lovely and makes me feel better knowing that I haven't gone overboard with piling on the extra kilos but after a while the comments begin to play tricks on you. All of a sudden I begin to wonder whether my baby is a normal size and whether he is growing properly (even though deep down I know he is fine!)

I feel as though I have been pregnant for about three years now and as this part of my journey is slowly but surely coming to an end I can't help but feel anxious and nervous about the next part of my adventure - actually being a mum. Since I have finished working I have found myself to be a lady of leisure - going for casual walks on the beach, visiting friends and occasionally going out for breakfast with my dad, which would sound lovely to most people, but I've actually been bored. There is only so many friends you can visit without wearing out your welcome and when walking up a set of stairs tires you out, all I feel like doing is lying on the lounge, watching TV and eating chocolate. (And while we're on the subject free-to-air TV may certainly claim to have more channels and more variety, but believe me they still have a loooonnnngggg way to go!). Every woman I talk to loves to remind my that I should be enjoying this time because as soon as this child is born I will have no life of my own. But the anticipation of our new arrival is just too much! And the doubt and uncertainty of whether I will get the hang of this mum thing just makes me want this pregnancy and 'me' time to be over with so I can found out once and for all what being a mum is like....

I guess only time will tell - I'm ready when you are little man!